Thursday, January 7, 2010

It's been awhile...

I have seriously neglected this blog and have been working on new work...It is a slightly different way of looking at landscape...there was something lacking in my previous work and felt that I wanted to pursue a way that to me was more exciting..exciting I mean, new ideas coming to me, composition, color...the subject of what I paint is there I think it will always be there, which is light and how it is silhouetted in nature and how it, the light, can be interpreted...this is a new series that I am confident about and once I have pictures taken I will post them here...Why the change? there isn't a significant change more of a tweaking if you will...It is where I am right now as a painter and something was said to me not long ago that stuck with me, actually it made me question my abilities, We artists are a sensitive bunch...so I figured by now why should I care, I don't...but it did make me a more thorough artist..that everything I make, paintings, drawings, jewelry, crochet scarves, blankets, and anything I can get my hands on will be done with the greatest integrity...It does have my name on it after all...In the coming month I will open either on my website or blog here, a sales addition, where I will be selling small format paintings, which is where the paintings are at now, sizes 4"x4", 5"x7", 6"x8", 6"x6", 8"x8", 8"x10"....all affordable priced...Please visit my newly designed website or post a comment here on my blog...
thanks for visiting...Brenda

No comments:

Post a Comment