Friday, October 16, 2009

Influences

 I have been working on a new series of pastels today and they are based on the autumn colors...warm yellows, shades of oranges, vibrant reds, so much lush color...I have a book of Wolf Kahn and whenever I need to look at something new, I look at this book...His use of color and expression of shapes juxtaposed to each other is something I admire...Other artists I look at, Jackson Pollock, Mark Rothko, JMW Turner, I saw his work at the Met when they did a full retrospective and it was amazing!!! Have to see it in person..there is a show on now at The Everson that I am going to next weekend,  
From Turner to Cezanne...










Wolf Kahn, Very Pink Sky, oil on canvas,2008















J.M.W. Turner, Shade and Darkness-The Evening Before the Deluge, oil, 1843















Jackson Pollock, Mural, oil on canvas, 1943
My research has been on Pollock, I could teach a class on him..

No comments:

Post a Comment